(530) 244-1755

To enter Canada after a DUI conviction: you must wait five (5) years after the imposed sentence was served (and driver's license re-instated) to apply for an "Approval of Rehabilitation" (there are some exceptions). The non-refundable fee for submitting this application is from $200.00 to $1,000.00 Canadian.
Federal Law applicable to every state: See Rule 2.105 (Misdemeanants): Application: If you incurr two or more lifetime DUI convictions where a sentence of more than 12 months is imposed and you are on probation, this law will restrict your ability leave the state you are sentenced in).
Note that a minimum sentence for first time DUI in California usually includes 3 years of probation.

    Free Initial Consultation

    I offer a free initial consultation so you can get good information about your rights and your options, and so that we can meet each other before we decide to work together.

    Attorney Robert Hamilton

    Hamilton logo dark

    My name is Robert Lee Hamilton and I'm a California DUI, Personal Injury and Landlord-Tenant Lawyer.